SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist to help create high quality assets for our future console titles. The ideal candidate will have strong sculpting/modeling skills, proficiency with physically based shading systems, and a team-oriented collaborative approach to art production.
- Using industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary team tools, create high quality and realistic environment art assets. These assets will include architecture, props, custom materials, and skeletal models.
- In engine setup and placement of art assets.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and others.
- Review outsourced assets to ensure they fit the necessary requirements and are hitting the quality bar necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
- At Least a 2-year 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent.
- BFA is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of game industry experience, with at least one shipped AAA title.
- In depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 or 4.
- Proficiency with Physically Based Shading including material painting in Substance Painter.
- Advanced modeling/sculpting skills using Maya and Zbrush.
- In-depth knowledge of lighting, value, composition, color and attention to detail in environmental design.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Additional art skills are preferred: fine arts skills, including drawing and painting; traditional sculpting; strong figure drawing skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of human anatomy and proportion, photography.
- Receptive to direction and performs well within a team environment.
- Portfolio showcasing individual assets as well as demonstrating full environment compositions rendered in engine, required for consideration.
This Job is no longer active!