Character TD (cloth, hair) - Encore VFX Burbank
The CLOTH/HAIR TD is responsible for the creation of photorealistic cloth, hair and fur simulations and other realistic effects using 3ds Max.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce photorealistic simulations with high resolution geometry
- Develop innovative, believable and beautiful solutions to challenging and complex problems
- Sets up for cloth simulations that is stable and versatile for a characters range of motion.
- Works in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets on time and at a high level of quality
- Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Liaise with the asset department at build phase, to achieve desired results for fur and cloth simulations.
- Develop and build character FX rigs that service the needs of shot and sequence simulation requirements.
- Writing tutorials to document new techniques
- Work with programming and tools teams to develop tools/ scripts/ plug-ins to streamline the department
- Work to high aesthetic level being able self critique
- The initiative to see anticipate future problems and develop solutions or tools accordingly
- Teach others in the team
- Good working knowledge in a production environment with 3ds Max.
- Houdini knowledge a plus
- Good working knowledge of hair, fur, and cloth simulation software such as Yeti, Shave & a Haircut, and nCloth
- Good working knowledge of rigging on live action feature film or television productions
- Good understanding of sculpting geometry
- Character animation experience on live action feature film or television productions
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on inspired leadership
- Tracking experience is desireable
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision
- Linux scripting experience, especially in Bash/Python is desirable