3D Content Developer
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri's procedural modeling software CityEngine and 3D solutions for its GIS platform ArcGIS are developed at the Esri R&D Center Zurich (formerly Procedural Inc.). Customers are in urban design/planning at major architectural studios and city administrations as well as major motion picture studios for film/interactive entertainment.
Design and implement a procedural 3D content library which will support the needs of urban planners, architects, game developers, VFX producers, and 3D/GIS engineers in general.
• Plan, implement, and maintain a sustainable, extendable procedural 3D content library
• Research and analyze customer requests and industry standards to define requirements and translate them into new data model designs
• Specify parametric 3D models and program their procedural modeling rules (in CityEngine's CGA)
• Define design guidelines for 3D cartography in urban planning, cities, geo-design, and other GIS industries
• Determine effective delivery methodologies for 3D assets, rules, symbols, styles, and accompanying data models
• Establish a sharing platform and resource center for procedural 3D content
• Prototype web apps based on the procedural 3D content library
• Validate, critique, and help improve the user experience of new CGA developments
• Work closely with software developers and product engineers in a highly interactive, creative environment
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
• Master’s in computer science
• Solid background in software design, computer graphics, and parametric/procedural modeling
• Familiarity with the principles of architecture, urban planning, and/or BIM
• Industry experience in modeling and texturing of virtual urban environments for entertainment and/or simulation
• In-depth knowledge of 3D tools such as SketchUp, Maya, Softimage, Houdini, or Revit
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight schedules
• Excellent analytical and creative thinking skills
This Job is no longer active!