We are looking for a skilled java programmer to join us in creating Java/Web based social games. The ideal candidate would have experience with commercial java development as well as game industry experience.
• Work within a strong team of programmers in an agile
• Communicate with Production, Game Design and Art to ensure
work meets game play and aesthetic requirements
• Tune, troubleshoot, design and build new features to support a
• Degree in computer science or equivalent certificate
• Experienced Java Programmer
• Experience with relational databases
• Excellent English skills, both Oral and written
• The ability to work in closely knit teams
• Experience in Client / Server network programming
• Familiarity with version control systems
Preferred knowledge and experience:
• Experience in professional java game development
• Experience working with multi-threaded programming
• Experience in working with Linux
• Experience in Web development / J2EE / Servlets
• Social gaming experience including knowledge of the Facebook
• Strong + for an understanding of ActionScript 3.0
Common for all positions, you need:
• A passion for creating and playing video games
• to relocate to Montreal, Canada
If you lack some of the above-mentioned qualifications, but consider yourself a highly skilled java programmer and a fast learner that Funcom can't be without, apply as well.
Please apply in English. Remember to upload your cover letter, and to include source codes in your application. Please allow a few weeks processing time.
This Job is no longer active!