About Stereo D:
Stereo D is the recognized leader in
high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D
imagery. Formed in 2009, the company works with major motion picture
studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their
vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work
for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA,
and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production
services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and
speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are
among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all
things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people
the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of
directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in
Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this position:
The Production Assistant is responsible for the assignment and tracking of tasks for assigned area of responsibility. Facilitates the movement of shots between teams, coordinates daily reviews, and communicates status updates to ensure the delivery of shots on schedule. Provides administrative support to the production management team and supervisors.
- Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production tracking system.
- Maintains production tracking system with revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed.
- Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
- Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule; communicates any schedule changes to appropriate Artist Leads, Supervisors and Production team as needed.
- Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries, with I/O Coordinator and maintains log of all deliveries.
- Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
- Taking clear and accurate notes in all dailies and review sessions, and disseminating notes to all necessary parties and within production software.
- Generates and maintains production reports; including nightly production updates for assigned projects.
- Generally providing overall production support to the production management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field.
- 1+ years proven production experience in established VFX facility.
- Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
- Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosphere.
- Must be diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with exceptional people skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
- Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills are required - Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard Apple/MAC applications.
- Knowledge of Nuke is very helpful.
- Knowledge and understanding of stereoscopic production and 2D/3D conversion a plus.
This Job is no longer active!